Rainbows Preschool has a Zero Tolerance Staff Abuse Policy towards both verbal and physical abuse.
We believe that all children, staff and volunteers within the preschool have the right to be protected from verbal abuse (including swearing) and physical abuse or assault. Whether it is directed at or witnessed. We will not accept derogatory remarks of racial or discriminatory nature
We intend to create an environment in which children, staff and volunteers are free from abuse and treated with respect. We believe we have a strong partnership with our parents and an open door policy to discuss any matters arising.
- Direct the parent away from the children into a more private area
- A senior member of staff is in attendance
- Remain calm and professional – and ask the parent to remain calm and make it clear we do not tolerate aggressive or abusive behaviour
- Contact the Police if the behaviour does not diffuse
- Once the parent is calm, we will then listen to their concerns
- An incident form will be completed stating date, time, reason and action taken. Ofsted may also be notified.
- If staff, children or parents require support following the experience, management will provide this. We will also seek further support where necessary.
- Rainbows Preschool reserves the right, in line with Safeguarding procedures to ban the abuser from the premises until further notice. Alternative suitable arrangements may therefore need to be made in relation to the drop-off and collection of the child.